DEADLINE EXTENDED to December 21.
The Global Health Institute (GHI) is seeking a well-rounded communications intern who can take the lead on social media platforms. While social media would be the intern’s primary duty, the intern should also be ready to contribute to the website and outreach efforts and produce a variety of materials, such as news stories and infographics
The student must be able to work starting in January and preference will be given to those who can also work through the summer and into the next academic year. Hours during the academic year are around 10-12, depending on workload and class schedule. Working more hours is available over the summer. The starting rate of pay is $10 per hour.
Submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Ann Grauvogl at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to this email. More information about the position is below.
The position is also posted with the UW Student Job Center.
The deadline for applications is December 21, 2018.
- Take a lead role in the planning and execution of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo
- Assist with the GHI website, including posting new content and making existing content more user friendly
- Assist in producing the weekly Events+ newsletter; assist with the e-newsletter and the annual report
- Write and edit content, including news stories, feature articles, news releases and development and website materials
- Perform administrative services such as word processing, proofreading, fact checking, organizing photo files, preparing information for distribution, creating graphics, etc.
- Work at GHI events through set-up, cleanup and assistance throughout the event
- Other ad hoc projects assigned by communications or administration that ensure that GHI communications run smoothly
- Excellent communication skills, especially listening, writing, editing and design capabilities
- Hands on experience with social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Preferred: global health/environmental health students with experience in Journalism, Mass Communications or Life Sciences Communication
- Hands on experience with a variety of electronic tools including MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, WordPress
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within deadlines
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for global health, GHI, and a desire to share the mission and vision to attract support for the Institute