The Global Health Institute (GHI) is seeking a student intern to support our office operations and educational programs. Position will be approximately 10-15 hours/week, and can be somewhat flexible based on class schedule; however, the intern must be available to assist a Wednesday evening class that meets from 5-7:30 p.m. in the Health Sciences Learning Center during spring semester 2017. Other shifts will be mainly during regular business hours (8am-5pm, M-F), except to help with occasional evening events. Rate of pay is $10/hour.
* Assist with PHS 644 Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Global Health and Disease class (Wednesdays 5-7:30 p.m. in HSLC): attend weekly during spring semester to help with taking attendance, provide overall tech support (most lectures will be taught via teleconference) and generally support the core faculty in running the course
* Help staff the central campus GHI office, answering phone and responding to email and walk-in inquiries
* Filing, copying, scanning
* Order office supplies and keep the supply room organized
* Assist with scheduling meetings, making room reservations, and taking notes at meetings
* Assist with events and occasional international visitors
* Other misc. support for administrative and financial staff as needed
* Prefer experience using Learn@UW, Canvas, Pexip, Qualtrics
* Fluent in MS Office suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Experience working in a business office environment
Skills and Abilities:
* Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Tech savvy
* Positive attitude and willingness to learn new tasks
* Ability to organize time and set priorities
* Maturity and ability to work with people from different backgrounds and foreign countries
GHI is a cross-campus unit, working with faculty, staff, and students from a diverse spectrum of disciplines at UW-Madison, throughout Wisconsin and across the globe. We help provide global health field experiences for undergrads and graduate/professional students at UW-Madison, and we administer an internal grant program to support global health efforts of faculty, staff, and graduate students across campus, fostering the Wisconsin Idea locally and globally.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for two work references to Monet Haskins at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Feb 6, 2017.