The Global Health Institute is looking for a student employee as a communications/Social Media Intern, supporting the Communications Director. The successful applicant will work in the Medical Sciences Center Offices for 10 to 12 hours a week. Hours are flexible, based on class schedule.
- Take a lead role in the planning and execution of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, LinkedIn and Flickr)
- Monitor/assess analytics across electronic communications platforms
- Post GHI events to campus calendars, including GHI, UW and Nelson Institute
- Assist with website maintenance, including posting new content and making existing content more user friendly
- Assist the Director, as needed, with research for op-ed pieces
- Perform administrative services such as word processing, proofreading, fact checking, organizing photo files, preparing information for distribution, creating graphics, etc., as needed
- Work at GHI events from set-up to cleanup
- Other ad hoc projects that ensure that GHI communications run smoothly
Learn more. The position is posted here.