Application deadline extended to January 31, 2022.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Global Health Institute (GHI) is pleased to announce the application period is open for its 2022 grants and awards program. This competitive program is designed to support global health efforts of faculty, staff, clinicians and graduate students across campus, fostering a spirit of collaboration with colleagues and communities, locally and globally.
Applications for all grants and awards are due January 31, 2022.
There is no requirement this year for Seed Grant applicants to submit a letter of intent.
This year, the awards to host visiting scholars will be for either Visiting Scholars or Virtual Visiting Scholars. GHI will again offer Faculty and Staff Travel Awards this year.
GHI’s popular Seed Grants are the largest awards, at up to $20,000 each. The grants, available to investigators and clinicians from across campus, support efforts to launch new global health research projects and make them competitive for sustained external funding. The 2021 Seed Grants supported a range of projects on topics including combatting antimicrobial resistance; health, clmate and agriculture, and traditional health knowledge and COVID-19. The grants have gone to health clinicians, biochemists, engineers, women’s health advocates and more.
Here is where to find application information for the 2022 grants and awards:
- Seed Grants support new global health research projects to make them competitive for sustained external funding. Application information is available here.
- Clinical Research Awards support UW-Madison and UW Health clinicians, graduate medical trainees and students in relevant programs who are exploring potential research topics that will enhance global health clinical activities at UW-Madison and beyond. Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded. Application information is available here.
- Henry Anderson III Graduate Student Award in Environmental and Occupational Public Health supports graduate students interested in pursuing research in those topic areas. Grants awards are a minimum of $1,500 for one year. Application information is available here.
- Graduate Student Research Awards support doctoral students pursuing work in any relevant discipline whose graduate work will enhance global health activities on the UW-Madison campus and beyond. Grants of up to $3,000 each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
- Visiting Scholar/ Virtual Visiting Scholar Awards will bring visitors either in-person or virtually to campus who substantially enhance global health activities on campus in collaboration with a sponsoring UW-Madison faculty member or faculty team. Grants of up to $5,000 (in-person) and $2,500 (virtual) each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
- Faculty and Staff Travel Awards are available for international travel related to educational and research activities. Grants of up to $2,500 each will be awarded. Application information is available here.
To learn more:
November 18, 2021