We know the challenge: More people, living in cities, facing more extreme weather, from droughts to floods to heat waves.
Led by climate and health pioneer Jonathan Patz, the Global Health Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Madison champions practical solutions for well-being today and tomorrow.
- Advancing healthy, sustainable urban transportation with the Health-Oriented Transportation initiative
- Bringing an army of students to work on Wisconsin city priorities with the UniverCity Alliance, co-founded by GHI
- Restoring bicycling to Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
- Bringing electricity to remote Indian villages
- Connecting cities to the land in Guadalajara, Mexico
Together, UW-Madison and communities in Wisconsin and across the globe collaborate to show how healthy choices benefit all of us and the earth.
Health • Climate • Cities News
Global HealthFall Global Health Tuesdays explore infectious diseases, vaccines and migrationDECEMBER 6: Global Health Tuesday: Take a look at GHI's One Health Centers across the world and learn how international collaboration advances research, health equity and more.Read more…
Global HealthGHI opens new Colombian collaboration opportunities for UW researchersWith GHI One Health Colombia, the Global Health Institute invites UW researchers to collaborate with colleagues and communities in Colombia for mutual benefit. Read more…
2023 Global Health Symposium is April 4October 27, 2022Read GHI’s 2021-2022 Impact ReportOctober 17, 2022The “Jalisconsin Idea”August 18, 2022From The Guardian: Newly identified Langya virus tracked after China reports dozens of casesAugust 10, 2022Study Connects Climate Hazards to 58% of Infectious DiseasesAugust 8, 2022More news »