Application deadline: Monday, May 1.
Job Title: Global Health Institute Intern
Job Description: The GHI Intern will work directly with the GHI communication manager and administrator on a variety of tasks including website posts, social media outreach, infographics, news writing, newsletter creation and other tasks as assigned.
* Post GHI stories and events to website and, as needed, to campus calendars, including GHI, UW and Nelson Institute
* Take a lead role in the planning and execution of a social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo)
* Assist with website, including posting new content and making existing content more user friendly
* Take a lead role in producing the weekly Events+ newsletter; assist with e-newsletter and annual report
* Write and edit content, including news stories, feature articles, news releases and development and website materials
* Perform administrative services such as word processing, proofreading, fact checking, organizing photo files, preparing information for distribution, creating graphics, etc.
* Work at GHI events through set-up, cleanup and assistance throughout the event
* Other ad hoc projects that ensure that GHI communications run smoothly
* Excellent communication skills, especially listening, writing, editing and design capabilities
* Must be graduating no sooner than May 2018.
* Ideally, be able to work starting in May/ August start date possible
* Preferred: global health/ environmental health students with experience in Journalism and/or Mass Communications/Life Sciences Communication
* Hands on experience with a variety of electronic tools including MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, Flickr, WordPress
* Working knowledge of AP style
* Demonstrated ability to work independently within deadlines
* Curiosity and enthusiasm for global health and GHI, and a desire to share the mission and vision to attract support for the Institute
* Wage: $10.00 per hour
* 10-12 hours per week depending on workload and class schedule. Most hours will be spent at the MSC office. More hours may be available during the summer.
HOW TO APPLY
* Submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Application deadline: May 1, 2017