The Global Health Institute is hiring an Education Programs Intern.
NOW HIRING: EDUCATION PROGRAMS INTERN
Are you passionate about global health education? The Global Health Institute (GHI) is seeking a student employee to serve as our Education Programs Intern, supporting the educational programs staff. This position will primarily work at our central campus office located in the Medical Sciences Center, and occasionally in our offices at the Health Sciences Learning Center, during regular business hours (9:00 am to 4:30pm). This is a paid internship and the position will be approximately 10-12 hours per week (minimum 3 hour shifts) while classes are in session, and can be somewhat flexible based on class schedule. If available during the summer and winter/spring breaks, position could work up to 20 hours/week. Would prefer someone who is able to commit at least on year to the position.
• Administrative assistance for educational programs staff, including scheduling support, learn@uw technical assistance, and undergraduate and graduate program assistance
• Student Global Health organization liaison
• Miscellaneous task assistance such as filing, copying and scanning
• Assist with GHI events and international visitors
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Experience working with platforms such as: Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience working in a business office environment
• Ability to organize time and set priorities
• Maturity and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Enthusiasm for global health and GHI, and a desire to share the mission and vision to attract support for the Institute
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for two work references to email@example.com. The application deadline for this position has been extended to MAY 25, 2016.