The Global Health Institute is looking for a communications intern who is savvy in social media and has the skills to perform other communications duties.
The intern works directly with the GHI communications manager and GHI’s administrator on a variety of tasks, including website posts, social media outreach, infographics, news writing, newsletter creation and other tasks as assigned.
Apply by August 11, 2017.
- Take a lead role in the planning and execution of a social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo)
- Assist with website, including posting new content and making existing content more user friendly
- Take a lead role in producing the weekly Events+ newsletter; assist with e-newsletter and annual report
- Write and edit content, including news stories, feature articles, news releases and development and website materials
- Perform administrative services such as word processing, proofreading, fact checking, organizing photo files, preparing information for distribution, creating graphics, etc.
- Work at GHI events through set-up, cleanup and assistance throughout the event
- Other ad hoc projects assigned by communications or administration that ensure that GHI communications run smoothly
- Excellent communication skills, especially listening, writing, editing and design capabilities
- Hands on experience with social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Must be graduating no sooner than May 2018
- Ideally, be able to work starting in late August/ September start date possible
- Preferred: global health/ environmental health students with experience in Journalism and/or Mass Communications/Life Sciences Communication
- Hands on experience with a variety of electronic tools including MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office, WordPress
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within deadlines
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for global health and GHI, and a desire to share the mission and vision to attract support for the Institute
- Wage: $10.00 per hour
- 10-12 hours per week depending on workload and class schedule. Most hours will be spent at the Medical Sciences Center office. More hours may be available during the summer.
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: August 18, 2017