The UW-Madison 4W Initiative (Women & Well-being in Wisconsin & the World) is seeking a student hourly worker for the 2017-2018 academic year, beginning in late August 2017, to serve as Communications and Executive Assistant. The student will support the 4W Director and the 4W Graduate Program Associate. The role is ideal for a student who hopes to develop communications and/or entry-level non-profit experience. Although the specific content of tasks may change as program priorities develop, and can be tailored to the interests of the student, the core tasks of the student hourly worker will be to:
- Manage all 4W communications: emails, the website, social media, editing and proof-reading written materials.
- Serve as Executive Assistant to the 4W director: scheduling meetings, notetaking/scribing, and event logistics and preparation.
- Provide support to the 4W Undergraduate Circle of Scholars as the group transitions to a self-sustaining organization over the course of the semester, and manage other undergraduate outreach efforts
- Provide additional program development support, as necessary (including grant writing and development)
- Represent 4W at meetings and events, as necessary
Key qualifications for a candidate are:
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and a commitment to the values of 4W
- Knowledge of or interest in global health and well-being, gender, cross-cultural issues
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience coordinating events on the UW-Madison campus
- Familiarity with the at least some of the following programs is desirable: Mailchimp, WordPress, social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), Outlook calendars, Adobe Creative Suite or other desktop publishing software.
Details for the position:
- Pay: $10/ hour
- Hours: 8/week (flexible)
- Term: 2017-2018 AY with the possibility of extension through the summer
- Start date: Late August 2017, ideally available for summer training
Please submit a brief cover letter and résumé to email@example.com no later than 11:59pm on Sunday April 23rd. Interviews will take place between May 1 and May 5.